Friday, February 12, 2010

Everybody's Working for the Weekend!

It's Friday AND they are calling for snow here at the beach! That makes it a crazy day in my world! I love snow, so I don't mind!


Let the mass chaos begin!


First things first, weigh in - 164 lbs. -2.2lbs this week. Recycled weight loss as I was down to 163.4 a few weeks ago. It is a loss though, so I will take it!

With Valentine's Day this weekend everyone at work is handing out candy! My husband has a severe nut allergy, so I avoid most chocolate and anything that might contain nuts on days that I will see him (my husband works nights, I work days most of the week) and the owner's of the company I work for and some coworkers know this. So they got me Conversation Hearts! Less caloric for me and safer for the husband. I promptly figured out the points valves and wrote them on the back of the packages, so I wouldn't mindlessly snack.



I did my meal planning last night and here is what we have so far!

Sunday - Roasted Veggie sandwich on Ciabatta bread with Sweet Potato Fries (this will count as my meatless Monday meal, I will eat the leftovers for lunch on Monday)

Monday - Shrimp and Quinoa, my take on Shrimp and grits

Tuesday - Chicken Sausage with Spinach in the crock pot over rice, a recipe from the current WW Magazine

Wednesday - Little Lasagnas, also a recipe from the current WW Magazine

Thursday - A Chinese application of chicken...not exactly sure what application yet.

Friday - A pizza made with leftover whatever from the week that would be good on pizza crust! :)

Since I started planning my meals out, my grocery list is much shorter, I have significantly less food waste and I never get tired of my leftovers because I only make 2 servings. One for dinner and one for lunch the next day. I know I've said this all before, but I am really shocked by the difference meal planning has made for me. As always, I'll share the best recipes! :)

Last night, my meal plan was for taco salad! I love taco salad! I made my own tortilla chips using the Mission Corn tortillas, I used ground turkey instead of beef and reduced fat cheese and fat free sour cream. I packed up the leftovers for lunch today. I like everything to stay divided until the last minute, so I package my salad and cheese in the bowl, put sour cream, salsa and meat in little snack baggies and lay on top of the salad in a large bowl. I use a recycled whipped cream bowl. I heat up the meat in the bag and then mix it together. Super easy and tastes fresh! I let my tortilla chips go a little too long...don't let them get this brown if you make them at home.



I hope you all have very wonderful weekends and very Happy Valentine's Days! I think the husband and I are going to stay in and watch a movie...no great shakes, but it will be nice to just have some quiet time together.

Anyone have any romantic Valentine's Day plans?

3 comments:

Nikki Bond on February 12, 2010 at 11:30 AM said...

Wow is that 2 points for the whole box?! That salad looks delicious. I might have to try out ground turkey in tacos next weekend (may be a candidate for trick your man tuesday's! haha. Although I think he's catching on to the ground turkey trick...dang it!). Have a fun vday!

Tonyne on February 12, 2010 at 11:47 AM said...

@Nicole - Yep 2 points for the box. It's a 1 oz. box of Sweethearts, 0 Fiber, 110 Calories, 0 Fat. :) The taco salad was yummy! I can't wait for lunch!

Tracy on February 13, 2010 at 4:38 PM said...

sounds wonderful, all of it.

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.