Friday, February 19, 2010

French Un-Fried Potatoes!

First things first, weigh-in.

163lbs, -1 lb loss this week.

I will take it! At this point in my journey every pound feels like a huge victory. I've been stuck in the 163-168 yo-yo for months. I'm going to break out of it this time. I am 4lbs away from a true 50lb loss. I am going to make it there. Before my 30th birthday which is March 31st. You heard it here first folks. That's my goal.

Last night I didn't feel like Chinese Chicken. So I opted for a Boca Bruschetta Veggie Patty and some home made fries. Everyone has their own recipe for home fries, here is mine:

1 large baking potato cut into strips
Non-Stick Cooking Spray
1 Tbsp of Seasoning, whatever you like, I used Mrs.Dash Garlic and Herb tonight

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray, lay fries in a single layer, spray with cooking spray, sprinkle with seasoning cook for 35-40 minutes until crisp, shaking tray every 10 minutes to make sure all sides brown. Easy, healthy, oven crisp fries.


Food - Fries 002 Food - Fries 003
Food - Fries 005 Food - Fries 004




Meals for next week!

Meatless Monday (on Monday!) - Roasted Bell Pepper Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese
Tuesday - Slow Cooked Pinto Chicken with Corn & Quinoa
Wednesday - Italian Sausage and Pepper Pasta
Thursday - Chicken Souvlaki Pitas
Friday - Greek Lemon Fish with Quinoa

As always, I may or may not follow the recipes exactly and I will share my favorite ones of the week!

I don't have any weekend plans to speak of. I'm looking forward to some relaxing. Tomorrow is my "Rest" day from training and I have another 4 mile training run on Sunday and I'm actually looking forward to it. I was nervous about my last 4 mile run, but now that I know I can do it, I hope to just run and enjoy this one.

As always, I probably won't be around much during the weekend unless I have something I just can't wait until Monday to share!

Are you guys doing anything fun this weekend? What are your plans? Happy Friday!

Be sure to sign up to win this awesome shirt that Syl is giving away! I did! :)

4 comments:

Jennifer Albert said...

I love reading your blogs. You are so inspiring and I am excited to watch your progress. You go girl.

Robyn on February 19, 2010 at 10:06 AM said...

Tomato soup + grilled cheese = my love

Syl on February 19, 2010 at 2:29 PM said...

That dinner looks soooooooo good!

Previously Plump... in progress on February 19, 2010 at 9:06 PM said...

Ou, yum, that looks tasty tasty.

Friends place tomorrow for me - after a run that is!

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.