Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Way Back Wednesday

To start, I would like to take a moment today for Capt. Phil Harris of the Cornelia Marie. I love the show The Deadliest Catch, my husband and I watch it all the time. He died yesterday from complications of a stroke. He was 53 years old. So sad, he was young.


I'm writing this entry to "If you leave, don't leave now...I won't waste one single day..." you know the 80's song? When I was growing up a radio station would do "Way Back Wednesdays" on the radio and play only 80s music. I loved it! I don't know what I was reminded of that right now, but for some reason I was and I thought I'd share it with you!

Last night for dinner I had Crispy Italian Chicken with tomatoes and I tried something new.



At 1 point per serving, I was really excited to try this. It was...ok. Great in a pinch for a last minute side dish, but not something to write home about. I find the flavor sort of bland, the vegetables a little too soft and not very appealing to look at. I brought the leftovers for lunch today, so it wasn't inedible. Just not as great as I'd hoped.

My chicken turned out alright, you basically coat the chicken in a mixture of Panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese, cook it in a skillet for 3 minutes per side and then throw it in the oven at 450 degrees to finish off. Then, in the hot skillet you just let 1 cup of cherry tomatoes cook until they begin to pop. It was a pretty good dish, but again, nothing spectacular.



Meal planning is going really well for me though. I plan all my meals for the next week on Friday night (I know, I live a CRAZY life!) and make my grocery list. I reduce all recipes to 2 servings (since I cook only for myself) and then I have dinner and leftovers for lunch the next day. I'm not getting tired of anything and I'm saving a lot of money at the grocery store. I'm also succeeding in Battle Operation Freezer. I think this is a habit I will stick with. Tonight I'm making (for a 2nd time) Roni's Dried Herb and Yogurt Marinated Pork. I made it before and loved it!

What's your favorite 80s tune? If not the 80s, what's your favorite "Way Back" song?

1 comments:

Retta on February 10, 2010 at 11:10 AM said...

I love Deadliest Catch. Moment of silence . . . :0(

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.