Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I love a rainy day.

It's a very rainy, gray day here in coastal North Carolina. I love a good rainy day though. I think the rainy days make the sunny days seem brighter.

Last night I made a very yummy dinner! Since I finished up my Meatless Monday meal for lunch (I made it on Sunday this week) I wanted something quick and easy for dinner. I had some cooked chicken in the freezer from last week, so I decided to utilize it for a recipe I got in an Eat Better America email. If you don't get these, you should really sign up for them. They are full of really great "healthified" recipes!

Mexican Kiwi Tostadas is the recipe I chose and of course, changed it up a bit.



Ingredients

3 item(s) Mission White corn tortillas
2 medium kiwifruit
1 tsp McCormick Ground cumin
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/8 tsp table salt
1/4 cup(s) fat-free sour cream
2 Tbsp Ortega Picante sauce, medium
1 oz Sargento Reduced fat mexican blended shredded cheese
5 1/2 oz cooked chicken breast
1 cup(s) spinach, chopped

Instructions

1. In a bowl combine cumin, crushed red pepper and salt. Sprinkle on chopped chicken breast.
2. Coat corn tortillas with nonstick cooking spray and place in oven at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes turning once, until crisp.
3. In a small bowl combine sour cream and 2 Tbsp Picante sauce. Spread mixture onto warm tortillas. Top with spinach, kiwi, chicken and cheese, top with a spoonful of additional picante if desired.

What resulted was a wonderful combination of flavors! This will be a keeper for sure! I enjoyed mine with a Woodchuck Draft Cider. It's made in Vermont...just like me! :)



This morning, I had a great run! For my training, I was to run for 25-30 minutes. I ran 30.



Followed by a Blueberry, Banana & Spinach smoothie! I'm trying to get into this whole Green Monster Movement because the benefits are amazing. I have to say, I didn't even taste the spinach! It tasted like a Blueberry, Banana and Vanilla Soy smoothie. I'm not completely doing the green smoothie thing, but...baby steps.

Finally, I want to share Weight Watcher's Tip of the Week, I found it very applicable to myself and I think you will too.

"Take each disappointment that comes your way as feedback. Learn from each experience, revamp as necessary and move onto a better frame of mind."

Have you learned anything recently from your experiences?

With that, Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

Unknown on February 2, 2010 at 12:11 PM said...

Love the tostada, luv the ale, and LOVE the WW tip! :)

Tracy on February 2, 2010 at 2:31 PM said...

so now I am hungry

Continuous Changes on February 2, 2010 at 3:03 PM said...

I love all tostadas!! I am going to have to try this recipe, as kiwi's are becoming my favorite fruit!!

I love love love smoothies with spinach :)

Good job on the run, girl!

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.