Monday, February 15, 2010

Weekend Update of Love


I hope you all had wonderful Valentine's Days! :) My husband surprised me by leaving a dozen roses on the kitchen counter for me to find when I got home from work on Friday. We don't see each other on Friday due to our work schedules, and he has never bought me real flowers (he did buy me beautiful handmade paper roses for our 1 year wedding anniversary) before so I cried like a baby. They are beautiful! If you look closely you can see a picture from our wedding day in the background...I noticed it when I was picking pictures for this entry! :)

Friday night, my friend Kelly came over and we booked hotel rooms for a Girls Weekend trip to Savannah, GA for my 30th (ugh) birthday next month! I am so excited. We are staying in the super lovely Inn at Ellis Square and planning a Haunted Pub Crawl for Saturday night. 38 days to go and I am so excited!

If you remember, on Friday I was talking about how we were rumored to get a very rare beach snow on Friday night. Well, we got 3 inches, which is VERY rare for this area and it was beautiful!




Chaser The Wonder Schnauzer wasn't really sure how felt about it.



Jeff and I went out grocery shopping and the roads were completely clear. It was the perfect snow, beautiful to look at, clear roads and it melted quickly!


Saturday evening Jeff and I decided to stay in and watch movies. I had it in my head that I was going to order pizza. I was going to eat as much pizza as I could stuff in my mouth and enjoy every bite. I took a few minutes and thought about it and decided that I would make a pita-pizza at home. This may not seem like a big deal to some, but to me, it was a huge victory. You know what? It tasted just as good as delivery and was so much better for me!





Sunday, I had a great 4 mile run! This is my longest outdoor run yet! I felt great, took a few walking breaks when I needed to and still averaged a pretty decent pace...for me at least!



After my run I decided it was finally time to buy some new running shoes. I love my current Asics GT-2140s, but they are causing me blisters now and the support is all but gone. I have well over 300 miles on them and it's time to replace them. I found a GREAT deal on Asics GT-2110s at Amazon.com. I got them in the White/Periwinkle. I can't wait until they get here! I never thought I'd be so excited about running shoes!

All in all, I had a fantastic weekend! I hope you did too!

How was your weekend? :)

5 comments:

Dana on February 15, 2010 at 11:22 AM said...

Great Run! Do you love your Nike + ipod? I had one when they first came out a few years ago and I had a horrible time trying to get it to work right. I ended up putting it away in some box because it would track anything after like 6mons. Hopefully they updated their software, bc I'd like to get another!

Unknown on February 15, 2010 at 11:47 AM said...

great run! good job! mmm pita pizza! :)

Ellen on February 15, 2010 at 11:54 AM said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend, and roses too! Lucky you!

Tracy on February 15, 2010 at 1:00 PM said...

good job for staying on track - I wasn't so good!

Corletta on February 15, 2010 at 1:00 PM said...

Hey...I am proud of you with the pizza victory! That's a big deal!

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.