Saturday, February 6, 2010

Eventful Saturday!

 

First off, I did GREAT at the movies last night! I snuck in two 100 Calorie bags of popcorn (one for me, one for Kelly) and a bottle of Diet Peach Snapple. Kelly snuck in some “fun size” (aka – evil size) chocolate candy!

Food - Movie Snacks 003 Food - Movie Snacks 002

I almost got busted at the concession stand when my dear friend Kelly, who forgot her drink and had to buy one, badgered me in front of the guy at the register about why I wasn't buying a drink. I had to give her the "giant eyeball are you serious stare-down" before she realized what she was doing. I ate my bag of popcorn and 1 evil size Snickers bar. My snacks were better than the movie “Dear John” I’m afraid. I just was not impressed at all. We rented “Whip It” to try and redeem the evening and it did! That movie was fantastic!

This morning I took Chaser to the Vet. He’s such a happy dog, no matter where he is!

chase at vet 

However, after his appointment he was not too happy. I got home with him and he began panting heavily and broke out in terrible hives. Having been a Vet Tech for a few years I recognized the signs, he was having a vaccine reaction and took him right back to the Vet. They gave him some IV Meds and stopped the reaction. I’m very happy to say that he is doing much better but tonight he is a very tired pup!

After our eventful morning, The Husband and I headed out to get groceries and supplies for the Super Bowl party at the bar tomorrow. While I was out, I picked up this!

001I’m sad to report that it appears my Wii Fit has been correct on my weight, only off by about a pound.  However, I am happy to have this new scale and have set up a weighing area in my laundry room along with a graph to track all the body analysis this crazy scale does! Remember, there’s a $5 off coupon at Coupons.com for WW Conair scales! I ended up paying $24 for this after the coupon.

 

Once home, I was famished, the yogurt I had eaten at 10am was gone. So I whipped up a quick Tuna Salad and ate it on tostadas with some spinach. YUM!002

My Tuna Salad is simple!

1 package of tuna

2 Tbsp Miracle Whip

1 Tbsp Dill Pickle Cubes

1-2 squirts of lemon juice

Salt, pepper, garlic & onion powder and paprika to taste.

The whole shebang, with 2 Mission Corn Tortillas (baked until crisp to make a “tostada”) ended up only being 7 points.

So, it’s been a very eventful day here! I’m relaxing with a beer watching Iron Chef with the husband. We plan to watch some movies tonight and rest up for tomorrow.

I hope you are all having fantastic weekends!



6 comments:

Tricia on February 6, 2010 at 8:35 PM said...

Glad your puppy is ok!

Ex Yo-Yo Dieter Debbie on February 7, 2010 at 1:18 AM said...

I like the fun size/evil comment - so true!

The tuna salad looks really good. I will have to try the pickle cubes part.

Have fun on Sunday!

Dana on February 7, 2010 at 2:04 AM said...

Your tuna looks delicious! I love tuna but hadn't had it in a while so I made it the other day and it def ruined my 'health quest' for that day. So I will absolutely be using your recipe!

Also sad to hear that Dear John sucked. I've heard from a few others it wasn't great either. I had high hopes for it... :(

Dana on February 7, 2010 at 2:14 AM said...

ps: a package like the tuna that comes in the small bag package or a small can of tuna?

Lauralei on February 7, 2010 at 2:08 PM said...

I love taking my own private stash to the movies - saves tons of money and helps you keep on track with the calories - your website inspires :)

Losing it on February 10, 2010 at 11:01 PM said...

I always sneak in my junk to the movies, or healthier junk...it's the only way to go!!

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.