Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday with a Bullet

I wish the weeks were only 2 days long and the weekends were 5 days long. I personally think I would be more productive in the 2 days than I am in 5. I'm just saying. :)

Weekend catch-ups!

My "Holy Crap" Saturday continued when the husband agreed to go bowling with me on Saturday night. My husband is a REALLY good bowler and has bowled most of his life. He "retired" last year and is taking the year off from bowling. When we first started dating we bowled together all the time. I've never been good. He usually spends most of our games bowling with his left hand (he's right handed) or throwing trick shots. We truly just play for fun. Well, he gave me a few pointers Saturday night...I ended up breaking 100 for the first time ever! I also beat Jeff...of course, he wasn't really bowling very seriously.



He may kill me for posting that, but oh well. :)

We met some friends out for drinks after bowling. I was very proud of myself. I kept in mind the fact that I had a 5 mile run on Sunday morning and only had a couple beers. I woke up Sunday morning feeling great, but a little tired. I had a bagel thin with some sugar free strawberry preserves, had some coffee and about an hour and a half later headed out the door for my run.



That is the longest I've ever ran outside. I ran around my neighborhood and had to run a 2nd loop. I hate repeating runs, they are so boring. Half of this run was done "against the wind" and every time I say that (or type it) I start singing that damn song. It was a tough run, with some wind gusts up to 15mph, but I'm glad I did it. I'm just praying for no real winds on the day of my 10k.

It's the first day of the March and I have so much going on this month.

March 5-7th - A trip to Greensboro to see the Family
March 13-14 - My last official weekend off for the season, my days off will switch back to Sundays and Thursdays - Boo.
March 26th-28th - My Girls Weekend trip to Savannah to celebrate...
March 31st - My 30th Birthday

There is something else special that is going to happen in March, but I can't tell you what it is right now. You're just going to have to wait and see.

I hope you all had wonderful weekends!

What are you looking forward to this month?

6 comments:

Syl on March 1, 2010 at 9:38 AM said...

sounds like a busy month! Wow!

Great job bowling, we took our boys bowling a couple months ago and I couldn't believe how much fun they had....well until my youngest stuck his head in the place the balls come out and got a huge goose egg on his head...that's where our evening ended!

I am looking forward to a new month, a new start and almost the end of the p90x, there is a end in sight :-)

Unknown on March 1, 2010 at 10:32 AM said...

I love bowling! Good game! :) Great job on the outside run! wow! :)

Anonymous said...

You go girl! Im glad you and Jeff had a great weekend. I cant wait for "Girls Weekend"!!

Samantha~ on March 1, 2010 at 5:41 PM said...

I am looking forward to spring break. It may sound silly, but when I can go straight from work to the gym, then home for the night, I get really excited!! Sad, I know...

Glad you had a great weekend. You really rocked that run!!

Previously Plump... in progress on March 1, 2010 at 8:05 PM said...

I'm looking forward to building on my running, the weather gettign nicer and enjoying time with friends :)

good work on the run - you're such an inspiration.

Tracy on March 2, 2010 at 10:23 AM said...

I haven't bowled in forever!

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.