Friday, March 26, 2010

Girls Weekend!

Today is the day! We are leaving shortly for Girls Weekend in Savannah, GA! I am so excited I can hardly sit still. I know I've been quiet this week, but getting ready to go out of town is always a rush against time between work and home. I apologize for my absence, but I promise you haven't missed much.

My weight as of today: 161.2lbs!
-.9lbs

I'll take it, especially this week! This doesn't give me the 50lb weight loss I wanted by this time, but I'm pretty darn close.

I want to go into a little bit of personal background about me. I've never had many girlfriends in my life. I've never had many real friends period. I'm good at being a loner. I actually enjoy it. However in the past year I have really started to come out of my shell more and appreciate the presence of other people in my life. The fact that I have 9 other amazing women in my life that want to go on an out of town trip with me to celebrate my 30th birthday is nothing short of amazing to me. I want to publicly thank them all for this weekend, in advance, they have no idea how special this truly is to me.

I know there will be a million pictures, some I'm sure will be hysterical. There are a ton of super secret plans that they have made and I have no clue what they have schemed up. I do know that my sister asked for very detailed measurements for what I can only assume is some sort of humiliating but hysterical costume.

I am giving myself permission to not track my points, have fun and enjoy my weekend. I am not giving myself permission to make this a total derailment. My whole goal is to find a balance that I am happy with.

Our plans include, lots of bars, lunch at Paula Deen's Lady & Sons restaurant and a haunted pub crawl! I have a 7 mile run scheduled on Sunday and I am going to try to do it before leaving Savannah, but if I don't, that's alright, I know I'll get it in later in the week.

Well, I guess that's it for now. I did get my work out (my sister joined me!) and a green monster in this morning so no matter what happens, I know I'll have started off the weekend the right way for me!

Happy Weekends to you all and I'll talk to you again on Monday! :)

11 comments:

Diana Davis said...

Tonyne, you truly are an inspiration to me and I am so happy to be your friend and have you in my family!! I love you and will see you soon!!

Cole Walter Mellon on March 26, 2010 at 8:50 AM said...

I hate to spoil the surprise, but they've got me jumping out of a big cake at your party and I just need to check and see if it's okay to eat some of it while I'm waiting inside...

Have a fun time (but not too much fun, if you know what I mean).

And Happy Birthday!

Katie on March 26, 2010 at 9:26 AM said...

Oh...how fun! Please take pictures of Paula's restaurant to share with us!

amy said...

ummmm i love how ya sister in law was invited.. i got tha kids this wknd neway.. but have fun and i love ya.. happy bday..

Amanda, another priorfatgirl on March 26, 2010 at 2:01 PM said...

sounds like a great time! live it up, girlie!

Robyn on March 26, 2010 at 4:04 PM said...

Have a great weekend, so jealous about Lady & Sons!

Unknown on March 26, 2010 at 6:18 PM said...

ooHHHHhhoooHH HAVE A FUN WEEKEND! Congrats on the loss!! :)

Previously Plump... in progress on March 26, 2010 at 11:40 PM said...

OMG - have a super duper uber fantastic weekend!!!!!

Tracy on March 28, 2010 at 10:45 AM said...

I hope you have a super wonderful time!

Dana on March 29, 2010 at 11:09 AM said...

Girl, I got my Self Magazine in the mail the other day and I was so excited haha I showed the boyfriend right away.

Corletta on March 29, 2010 at 12:49 PM said...

Hope that you have a blast!

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.