Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Breakfast in Bed & Chicken Yogurtoff

This morning, I'm writing to you from the comfort of my bed. Sounds luxurious, huh? Well, it's not really, my husband fell asleep on the couch again so my 45'ish minutes of waking up before the gym is being done from the bed. This is making it pretty tough not to go back to sleep I have to say, thank goodness for coffee!

Yesterday morning's run wasn't very good. I managed to knock out 3 miles in just over 30 minutes, but I felt as if I was set in concrete. Every step felt like twice the effort. Not sure if it's the time change or recovery from Sunday's 6 miler, but it was a doozie. Tuesday runs always seem to be the toughest for some reason. This morning is weight training again and I have to say, I'm sort of getting used to it and I'm starting to enjoy it. I didn't think that was ever going to happen! I do some jumping jacks between weight machines and that helps me to keep my heart rate up and keep me engaged. I think that is what made the difference for me.

Last night I was totally winging it in the kitchen. I had some ideas, but I didn't know how it was going to come together, but here it is, I give you...

Chicken "Yogurtoff" (like stroganoff, get it? haha it makes me laugh)



Ingredients

1 3/4 cup(s) cooked whole wheat pasta
7 oz uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
1/4 cup(s) onion(s), diced
1/2 cup(s) Stonyfield Farm Oikos Plain
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 clove(s) garlic clove(s), minced

Instructions

Cook chicken in a medium skillet over med-high heat until almost finished.

Blend together last 4 ingredients with a whisk, add seasoning to taste, I added salt, pepper, garlic & onion powder. Mix.

Pour yogurt sauce over chicken, add a little fat free chicken broth if needed. Let simmer for 5 minutes, add cooked pasta and let simmer, covered, for another 5 minutes.



I decided to omit the mushrooms from the traditional stroganoff just out of personal preference but it would make a great addition. Like most of the food I cook, it's not the prettiest thing to look it, like most comfort food, but it sure does taste good! It makes 2 servings and per WW Online Recipe Builder it's 6 points per serving.

I have an exciting week coming up next week, I have some Super Secret News I can't wait to share with you and my Girls Weekend Trip to Savannah! This is the week my schedule changes so I am off from work tomorrow. I am looking forward to sleeping in a little bit.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!! Did you remember to wear green?

3 comments:

Unknown on March 17, 2010 at 10:56 AM said...

Looks good! :) YUM! Super secret news???!! Im waiting.... lol

Dana on March 17, 2010 at 2:05 PM said...

This looks delicious. I'd been wanted to eat stroganoff for about a year. The boyfriend is extremely picky, but he may eat this!

I love that you put your recipes / pictures in your blogs, it gives me so many ideas!

Previously Plump... in progress on March 17, 2010 at 7:33 PM said...

Ou, I had one of those runs today.... it s-u-c-k-s

It feels like someone has wrapped a rope around my middle and tied me to a wagon holding a handful of 2 year olds.

I hate runs like that.

But they make me appreciate the runs where I rock my socks off.

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.