Thursday, March 11, 2010

Hi 5:15am. Nice to meet you.


Those who know me well know I love sleep. I love sleep so much I could marry it. I love to flip my pillow to the cool side, sigh contentedly as I drift back to sleep after the alarm goes off and I've hit snooze for the 3rd time.

However, when it comes to my morning runs this often leads to me being pressed for time, rushing out the door and not properly warming up or stretching. On Sundays I wake up at least 1 hour before I want to begin my run. I eat some toast and jam, drink a cup of coffee and really wake up before I head out for my run. I decided to apply this to a week day run, that meant waking up at...

5:15am

Wow. The only time I get up before 6am is if travel is involved. This morning I only hit snooze once at 5am and then got out of bed at 5:15. My coffee was brewing, I made some toast and I sat down and watched the news. I caught up on some blog reading, played around on facebook. Then, after I finished my toast, I cleaned up the house a little, I was full of energy and it was 6:15, time to run. It was raining, so I headed to the gym and...



pounded out an AWESOME run! I felt better, ran harder, had enough time to warm up...it was as good as my Sunday runs. I can't wait to see what happens to me this afternoon and this evening...will I crash? I guess I'll have to wait and see, but if it means running well and feeling good, I think 5:15am and I might just become friends.

I don't know if you noticed a new edition to the side of my blog right over there --> but I've jumped on the FormSpring wagon. Feel free to ask me anything either by using the box provided or clicking here. I'm not at all interesting though...you've been warned. :)

Last night's dinner of crockpot BBQ chicken was tasty, but not really worth the calories, so I'm not sharing it. I'm looking forward to modifying tonight's dinner. It's a recipe I found for Lentil & Sausage Soup. I tend to like my lentil soup more stew like than soup like but I love the idea of putting pasta in it. I'm also going to use Smoked Turkey Sausage as well. Yummy! We'll see what it becomes. I still haven't had to break down and go to the grocery store. I haven't been in almost 2 weeks! Yay for pantry items! I really miss fresh fruit and produce though, I'm officially (aside from some carrots) out.

Ok, I need a new run mix so I want to know...What is your "Get Pumped" song?

Right now, what's been working for me is Korn - Freak on a Leash

Everyone has one...a song that comes on and you can't help but feel amped up and ready to go. No matter how silly...I want to know! Please share! :)

5 comments:

Katie on March 11, 2010 at 10:10 AM said...

I loved hearing your early morning ritual before running. It sounds so nice...so "just for you". It made me smile.

Ex Yo-Yo Dieter Debbie on March 11, 2010 at 10:14 AM said...

The song that starts off my workout on my iPod is "I Gotta Feeling" by Black-Eyed Peas.

Sort of predictable...but I love it everytime!

Syl on March 11, 2010 at 10:18 AM said...

great way to start the day!

Gina on March 11, 2010 at 6:02 PM said...

Maybe I should try getting up a full hour before my workout instead of 15 mins...I can imagine my energy levels would be much better! The Crystal Method has some good wrokout songs on their new album.

Tracy on March 11, 2010 at 6:38 PM said...

We have been doing the 5:15 thing too and it makes me feel awesome! I have started working out twice a day as well. nice to see the positives results.

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.