Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I’m 30, that’s not so bad.

me

 

Today is my birthday, I’m 30 and that’s not so bad.  29 was great. I accomplished things beyond my wildest dreams. Two 5k’s, lost almost 50lbs, started a blog, worked hard to better my marriage, made some amazing friends and if I accomplish half of that in the next year, 30 will be nothing short of fantastic. Speaking of amazing friends…

 

Savannah was AMAZING!  I ate poorly, drank a lot, but walked a lot and enjoyed myself. My friends had “tasks” for me to complete on Saturday. I had to do everything from kiss a bald guy on the top of the head to wear a hazmat suit and get people to sign. I had to belt out “Wind Beneath my Wings” and get two guys to slow dance and I had to collect 30 pennies from strangers. I was terrified when they told me that throughout the day I would be given certain tasks, but I completed them all. As I completed them I received charms for a Pandora Charm bracelet they gave me over lunch at Lady & Sons, each charm with a special meaning from each person. This was all a surprise to me, I had no idea what they were planning. There was so much planning and though involved, my heart is full. I have worn my new bracelet every day since. It gives me a feeling of happiness every time I look at it. I feel so grateful to have such amazing women in my life. Here are some pictures…the ones safe for viewing. :)

So, here’s to 30! If it’s half as good as 29 was, bring it on! I’m ready.

5 comments:

Unknown on March 31, 2010 at 11:22 AM said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :) Looks like you had a great trip!

Oh Id love to see your Pandora bracelet!! I have one and I love that every one is and can be SO different! :) Very cool! :)

Cole Walter Mellon on March 31, 2010 at 11:37 AM said...

Happy Birthday! You're just now hitting your stride...

Previously Plump... in progress on March 31, 2010 at 11:45 AM said...

aw, so glad you had a great time - looks like you had TONS of fun :)

Happy birthday chick - here's to another year!

Syl on March 31, 2010 at 11:48 AM said...

Happy Birthday beautiful lady! 30 is fun, i feel so old compared to you :-)

have a great day and i'm sure that 30 will be just as awesome as 29!

off to look at your pictures!

Ex Yo-Yo Dieter Debbie on March 31, 2010 at 2:31 PM said...

Happy Birthday! Which Pandora charms did you get? I'm now working on my second bracelet...I LOVE them!

Looks like you had a lot of fun!!!

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.