Friday, June 25, 2010

Weekly Update with Tonyne

 

So, this week was a good week.  I’m going to start off with my High/Lows.

Highsgolf 002

  • I am now the proud owner of a great set of golf clubs and an adorable new bag.
  • I worked out 4 times this week and had some really great runs. If you count the driving range as a work out (and I totally do, I was drenched when we were finished, of course it was 90 degrees with wicked humidity) I worked out 5 times!
  • I tracked all of my food and I ate within points. Staying true to my current goals.
  • I didn’t drink even when faced with temptation!

Lows

  • I’m fighting with the no drinking thing. I’ve realized that telling myself “No” only makes me want something more. Shocking, isn’t it?
  • I was very snacky. I stayed within points (for the most part) and tracked my snacks, but I found myself eating even when I wasn’t hungry.

That’s about it for the lows. I have just had a good, happy week and I feel so much better! I cooked lots of great meals this week, all made with REAL food and my body is thanking me for it by giving me more energy and a better mood. I am now a firm believer that Junk Food makes you feel like Junk. Occasionally, it’s ok, but like everything else…MODERATION is key.

As for weigh in, I will continue to report it on Fridays, but I don’t want that to be the focus of my Friday Updates. I want the focus to me my high/lows because I feel those are what is most important and those are what I learn the most from. My weight this week is: 156lbs, down 1lb from last week.

Tonight I’m on-call for work and this weekend I really don’t have any great plans. My husband starts a new schedule on Sunday which will give us less time together, so I want to be sure to spend lots of time with him. Saturday night will be tough because I know he will want to go out because it’s his last free Saturday night. This schedule change has thrown us both for a loop. Fingers crossed I can stick to my guns about not drinking!

I plan to get a rest day in on Sunday and maybe some Yoga on Saturday. It’ll be a nice, easy weekend before my half marathon training (it’s a long training plan for my half marathon in October) starts on Monday.  It builds up slow, which will be good for my knee.

What are you doing do be active this weekend? Do you have any fun plans? What was your high and low for the week?

3 comments:

Unknown on June 25, 2010 at 11:39 AM said...

aww you look so cute at the range! :)

Happy Friday to ya! Hope you have a great weekend!

Tish on June 25, 2010 at 5:20 PM said...

I ran 3 this am and plan to bike 13 with DH after dinner. Long run (7?) tomorrow morning and either biking or gym on Sunday depending on the temperature outside. I love your new golf bag and you look great. Good luck on your not drinking goal. And congrats on Employee of the Month! $100 always comes in handy!

Mary (A Merry Life) on June 25, 2010 at 7:08 PM said...

Aw, cute pic! I love golf. I can't wait to get my own set of clubs and play more often. :)

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.