Monday, June 28, 2010

So much for guns.

 

Friday, leaving work, this happened:

car

I backed into a huge metal trailer. The kicker? I have 1 car payment left. I made it through Friday night without a drink, probably because I was on-call for work.

Saturday, work was INSANE. I stayed late. I worked hard. I got mad as a hornet.  I came home and had two of these. I didn’t feel bad at all.

beer

So, I didn’t make my goal of no booze until July 3rd. However, I am proud of myself for stopping at two and making it a whole week. The husband and I had a lazy movie night. It was our last Saturday night together until the fall. Sunday, I went grocery shopping for the week and then the husband left for work. I’m not used to him not being around on Sundays. It’s a bummer, I just keep reminding myself, it’s just until the fall. I used my Sunday time to make some homemade gnocchi and watch some chick flicks. That was my weekend.

Today, is Monday. Today, my half marathon training begins. I’m using Jeff Galloway’s training program. I want to build up slow and steady, especially to make sure my knee can handle it. I’m excited to get started!

Meal Plan for the week:

Monday - General Tso Quorn

Tuesday - Skinny Italian Meatballs (may flip flop with Wednesday if I go to the driving range after work)

Wednesday - Gnocchi with Vegetables

Thursday - Some sort of vegetable and polenta casserole type dish

Friday - Leftovers (I’m on-call again, leftovers are easier)

Goals for the week:

  1. Track food Monday-Friday at least.
  2. Continue the eating only food that I prepare until July 3rd rule.
  3. Do the work outs as dictated by my training schedule, don’t skip any.
Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday
30 min. run Cross-Train Rest 3 mile run Yoga 30 min. run

So, I’m ready to get this party started. I’m going to have a good week, you are too. Let’s just do it together.

How did you do over the weekend?

4 comments:

Autumn @Good Eats Girl on June 28, 2010 at 8:20 AM said...

Good luck starting your training! How exciting! Can't wait to hear about it!

Bummer about your car! I'd be super upset, too!

Tish on June 28, 2010 at 11:58 AM said...

Ouch! Sorry for the owie on your car. I love your training schedule. It seems do-able. I see you're moving up the challenge ladder. I'll be kibbutzing on your training

Tracy on June 28, 2010 at 6:38 PM said...

The meatballs look so yummy. we are going to try them!

sorry about the car!

good workout plan, we are back to two-a-days as we have put a few pounds back on. grrrr. one bad weekend and it is all backslide.

Unknown on June 28, 2010 at 9:33 PM said...

:( aww I feel bad for you about the car- and with one more payment to go! POOP!

Meals for this week sound good- can't wait to see pics and recipes! :)

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.