Monday, June 21, 2010

Hey stranger!

 

Honey, I’m home! I have missed blogging and I have missed being a more active part of the blogging community. Due to my summer work schedule, I’m not sure that I’ll be as active as I was in Fall, Winter and Spring, but I am going to try be around more. I enjoyed the break, but it’s time to refocus.

The past two weeks I have been living in the danger zone. I’ve been indulging a bit too much, drinking a bit too heavily and not being active enough. I feel terrible. Not mentally, I think a break was what I needed, so I do not feel guilty, but I feel ill. I’ve been getting headaches, indigestion and I’ve been exhausted all the time. The past couple weeks ware a big wake up call for me. It helped me to remember that I continue to live this healthy lifestyle not only for weight loss but because I feel better when I do. I’m not in my twenties anymore and late night pizza causes me more pain that happiness.

I feel as if I need to do a bit of a detox, so I am making some plans for success.

1. No drinking until July 3rd. Not a drop of alcohol.

2. Track all food Monday-Friday (and make a solid effort Sat-Sun), staying within my WW Points.

3. Do something active at least 4 times a week for a minimum of 30 minutes. Even if I just walk the dog or do Yoga.

4. Eat only food that I prepare. No eating out or overly processed foods until July 3rd.

Now, why July 3rd? I’m realistic. I know I will have a few drinks and eat at a cookout for the 4th of July. I will work that weekend so I will enjoy food that I don’t have to prepare.

I went to the library for motivation.

Cookbooks 001

The Best Light Recipe is definitely a book I will be buying. I love the original The Best Recipe cookbook, so I was elated to find a light version. It tells you the best recipe for all sorts of stuff. The best lower calorie/fat cheesecake recipe, the best veggie burger recipe, etc. They did all the work, you just have to cook!

Vegetarian Suppers From Deborah Madison's Kitchen has lots of great recipes in it and 2 of the meals from my meal plan this week will be adaptations of ones found there. I’m not going vegetarian, as I’ve said before. However, I do feel better when I eat a mostly vegetarian diet. I like to stick to vegetarian meals Monday-Friday and meats on the weekends. If I crave chicken, fish or beef during the week, I alter my meal plan.

I never thought much about getting cookbooks from the library before, but will be doing it again for sure! They are holding the book In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan for me to pick up this week. Not a cookbook, but I am excited to read it!

I’ll wrap this up with my meal plan for the week:

Monday – Quinoa, Corn and Feta stuffed Peppers

Tuesday – Polenta Squares with Black Bean Salad

Wednesday – Zucchini Parmesan

Thursday – Lentil Burgers

Friday – Leftovers (I’m on-call for work, it’s hard to cook with the risk of being pulled away at a moment’s notice)

I will share the really good recipes with you, I promise! It’s good to be back. :)

7 comments:

Tricia on June 21, 2010 at 9:43 AM said...

good luck with your goals!

Tish on June 21, 2010 at 10:31 AM said...

Welcome back. I know just what you mean about feeling better when you're OP. I love that you got cookbooks at the library (my librarian self is smiling). I'll look forward to hearing about some of your new recipes.

Tracy on June 21, 2010 at 11:34 AM said...

we all need a little time off .... glad you are back. I know this is a horrible time of the year for you!

Robyn on June 21, 2010 at 12:18 PM said...

Welcome back. The no drinking thing is a great idea! I should try it. All those recipes sound scrumptious.

Marisa @Loser for Life on June 21, 2010 at 4:50 PM said...

Glad you're back :)

I LIVE at the library! The first section I go to is the cookbooks!

Autumn @Good Eats Girl on June 21, 2010 at 10:12 PM said...

Love the goals that you have set! Setting goals always helps!

Can't wait to hear about your recipes!

Unknown on June 22, 2010 at 10:23 AM said...

Glad to have you back!!!

"I’ve been getting headaches, indigestion and I’ve been exhausted all the time."
I cheated this weekend (acknowledged it ahead of time/knew I was going to do it) and am still feeling a bit gross from it. It really is amazing.

Good goals, Tonyne :) Has the knee completely recovered?

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.