Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Change of plans…

 

So last night’s dinner was supposed to be baked Tofu and Spaghetti Squash Mac and Cheese…but there was a slight change of plans. At the last minute I was asked to dog-sit for the evening for my friend Kelly. Our dogs are just beginning a very tentative friendship, so I really wanted to keep an eye on them. Since they are the Hounds of Hell and all…

Lilly and Chase 003 Lilly Beans and Chaser the Wonder Schnauzer

Ok, maybe not the Hounds of Hell. They are stinkin’ cute though, aren’t they? However, I did want to leave the two of them alone and up to mischief while I focused and worked in the kitchen for an hour. Trust me, they look cute, but they are plenty sneaky and crafty.

I had leftover Polenta Muffins and a Sweet Potato. It was delicious, and even the dogs thought so. They both had a little bite of sweet potato.

We had a nice relaxed evening and played outside for a bit. Both of them were very well behaved, but it made me think about how difficult healthy cooking and eating could be for people with kids! After last night, I couldn’t imagine. MAJOR KUDOS to you healthy-living parents! :)

That’s the nice thing about leaving my Friday nights free for leftovers or what have you; If I have to skip a night of my meal plan, I just shift things back a day! So, tomorrow will be Baked Tofu and Spaghetti Squash Mac & Cheese, Thursday will be Eggplant Parmesan and Friday will be Caribbean Jerk Chickpea Burgers!

I know this post wasn’t much of anything except, “look how cute the dogs in my life are!” but hey, they are pretty darn cute and who couldn’t use a little cuteness from time to time?

In other news…I think I might try going for a run tomorrow. Tomorrow makes 4 weeks. My knee is better. It hurts only occasionally. Just a short, slow run. We’ll see. Yoga after work tonight and then tomorrow is my favorite day of the week! Thursday! My day off! :)

Do you have any pets? If so, how many? I think we’re going to stay a 1 dog family for awhile. Although Lilly Beans is welcome over anytime!

2 comments:

Tracy on June 2, 2010 at 10:34 AM said...

They are adorable!

Unknown on June 2, 2010 at 11:09 AM said...

awww We want a furry kid but just can't do it right now where we live.

yeah for leftovers! :)

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.