Thursday, June 3, 2010

I just ran…

 

No meat since a little on a sandwich for lunch on Monday, still doing fine! I would love to make meat a specialty item in my diet. Something I only have once or twice a week instead of so regularly. I think I might be able to get there! However…

I was leery of last night’s vegetarian meal. I had selected two new recipes to try, Caitlin’s Perfect Baked Tofu and Spaghetti Squash Mac and Cheese from The Biggest Diabetic Loser’s site. Luckily, it turned out pretty well!

Mac and Tofu 001

I was most concerned about the Tofu. I didn’t think it was going to have any flavor based on the short time in was in the marinade, but it turned out great! Even if a bit over done. The only change I made was to use vegetable broth instead of olive oil to cut back on the calories.

The SS Mac and Cheese was YUMMY! I did use reduced or no fat milk, cheese and butter, I didn’t use jalapenos (I used crushed red pepper flakes) and I added garlic and onion powder to the milk. I also added a little more squash, I probably used close to 10 oz of cooked squash.

The squash, I may make again with some adjustments, but the tofu will for sure be a keeper! I may make it again for lunch today actually. I think the fact I over-cooked it a little made it even better. It was crunchy! :)

The big news of the day is…I RAN! I did a short run for my first one, I don’t want to reinjure and right now I’m icing my knee, just to be on the safe side. I’m not diving back head first into running, but I was elated to be doing it again! I ran this on the treadmill.

run 6.3.10

Well, it’s Thursday…my very wonderful day off. I’m going to go enjoy it! The husband is off today too!

What do you like to do on your day off?

4 comments:

Tish said...

Woo Hoo, Tonyne! Glad to have you back runniing. Take it easy for a bit.

Tracy on June 3, 2010 at 2:42 PM said...

way to go!!!!

Unknown on June 3, 2010 at 7:47 PM said...

WTG on the run! :) When I made the SS mac & cheese I used more squash than the original recipe called for too- but did not adjust any other ingredients- Oh no jalepeno for me either! Came out good!

Seth on June 4, 2010 at 7:34 PM said...

Yeah!! I'm glad that you are feeling better. I tweeted at ya, but it was on my phone and I never know if that is going to work or not.

Stick with it and don't forget to rest....yeah, I know - why rest when you already have been for weeks now...

stick with it!

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.