Monday, March 15, 2010

And we're back!


Monday arrived as quickly as usual and here we are again. I hope you all had fantastic weekends. Mine was very laid back, but very great. Saturday we took our niece to the movies to see Alice in Wonderland in 3D. While waiting, we had some fun with our 3D glasses.

And before you even ask, yes I ate popcorn with butter and yes I shared a regular Coke with the husband. I enjoyed it, I planned appropriately points wise and I moved along. It's all about balance, remember?

After the movie we went grocery shopping and I loaded up on fresh produce! That whole, 2 weeks without a trip to the grocery store left me craving fresh fruit and veggies with a vengeance. I have eaten 3 monster size salads since Saturday night and I have one packed for lunch! When I post my meal plan in a few minutes, you'll see the veggie craving there as well.

On Sunday I had a 6 mile run scheduled. It was really windy here, so I chose to do the run on the treadmill. The dehumidifier in my amenity center is broken (there is an indoor pool in there) and it was like running in a sauna, but I opened the windows and had a nice breeze flowing through. It turned out to be a pretty good run!



So much to say today!! Can ya'll still hang with me for a bit?



I would like to send out a HUGE congratulations to Nicole over at ...Let Them Eat Lettuce... today for competing in her first 5k on Sunday! And she did it on near her birthday! So congratulations and Happy early Birthday!!



Meal Plan for the week!

Meatless Monday - Roasted Vegetable Fajitas with Mexican rice
Tuesday - Chicken Stroganoff type dish using greek yogurt that I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to make yet.
Wednesday - Black Bean Cakes with Avocado Butter
Thursday - Grilled Vegetable Pita Pizzas
Friday - Crunchy Talapia Filet with a salad

See, I told you you would see a lot of veggies. That's 3 meatless meals!

Wow, if you managed to stay with me through all of this, I am IMPRESSED!

Tell me this...is there anything you'd like to see more of here on Unlikely Success Story? I know I write this mostly for me, but I would like to keep you somewhat interested.

What can I do to keep you reading?

6 comments:

Tracy on March 15, 2010 at 9:57 AM said...

I think I am going to try the black bean cakes tonight - I have a couple avacados that need using, so it seems like a good time.

Seth on March 15, 2010 at 10:21 AM said...

good job on the 6 miles. Nicole had a good post too.

Unknown on March 15, 2010 at 11:00 AM said...

great job on 6 miles! :) Whoohoooo! When I travel and do not eat a lot of fresh veggies I get all crazy and NEED to go but any and all I see when I come home. lol I can relate to your cravings!

Syl on March 15, 2010 at 3:01 PM said...

sounds like a great weekend, i too can't go to the movies and not have popcorn :-)

Andrea@CeleryITCity on March 15, 2010 at 3:04 PM said...

avocado butter? that sounds yum! I love that you plan your meals out and post them :)

Nikki Bond on March 15, 2010 at 7:11 PM said...

Thanks SO much for the shout out! What amazing support I have from this community. I honestly don't think I could have done it without you guys! (did that sound like an Oscar speech or is it just me?)

Anyway...thank you!

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.