Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I tried to stay away!

I didn't want to write today. I didn't have much to say. But then I thought about it and I wanted to write. It helps keep my head in the game. So here I am!

Last night I went for a run directly after work.



BAD RUN. I couldn't find my stride, I recently started running with a fanny pack type thing for phone and ID (I had been running without both...oops) and it wasn't staying put like it's supposed to so I was fighting with that, I didn't wear any compression clothing so my clothes felt soaked, my breathing was spotty and my knees hurt. I was a hot mess. I am just glad I made it through. I think I will stick to my morning runs going forward.

When I got home I turned up John Mayer's Battles Studies album and let the music wash over me. That's my favorite way to cook. I may or may not turn spatulas into microphones.



Last night's dinner turned out to be a great quick & easy meal! I marinated some lean beef, 1 yellow bell pepper and 1/2 of a small onion with 2 Tbsp of Lawry's Ginger Sesame marinade while some brown rice cooked. Then I cooked the beef, peppers and onions in my wok, added a little Sriracha for good measure (I LIKE IT HOT!) and served with rice and broccoli.



Yum. I like food. I have the leftovers for lunch today.

It's humpday. My last official one until, well, I'm not sure. My schedule changes to Thursdays and Sundays off for the summer because my work is largely seasonal. This coming weekend is my last one off. Of course, I'm taking 2 more off that I know of, one for Girls Weekend (in 16 days!) and one for my 10k, so I guess it's more of a "see ya later" to weekends. Ok, that was confusing to everyone but me. :)

I am going to need lots of ideas for quick and easy meals in the Spring and Summer.

What's your favorite quick, easy and healthy meal?

4 comments:

Syl on March 10, 2010 at 1:46 PM said...

I can totally see you dancing around the kitchen with a spatcula!

Your meal looks great and looks like it was full of flavour.

My go to fast quick meal would be a salad. i like the ones where I add everything but the kitchen sink the best :-)

Tracy on March 10, 2010 at 2:18 PM said...

I bought a Weight Watchers cookbook today, hoping it will provide me some help.

Nikki Bond on March 10, 2010 at 4:08 PM said...

Good to know I'm not the only one who has those "off" days when running!

The Purple Cowboy on March 10, 2010 at 6:38 PM said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.