Monday, March 22, 2010

SELF Magazine, what? That's nonsense!

I can finally tell you my super secret news!

On Saturday, I got a phone call from a friend shortly after getting home from work. "YOU'RE FAMOUS" she screamed into the phone. I wouldn't go that far, but it is pretty cool to finally be able to share my super secret news with you.



That's me, down at the very bottom, sharing a magazine page with Jessica Alba in SELF Magazine's April issue! I was asked and the pictures were taken back in November (well, except the running picture which had to be retaken...still not fond of that one) and I didn't want to tell anyone until the magazine was on the shelves. We all know how these things can fall through.

How did it happen? Well about 9 months ago SELF asked a question on Twitter (I don't remember the question or my answer) and I answered. They didn't use my answer for whatever it was but several months later I got an email from one of the editors telling me about their new "My SELFy Day" column. They thought I would be a good fit and they wanted me to submit some tweet-like updates about a day when I did SELFy things, healthy and balanced. I used a day when I was in Greensboro as an example. They liked my submission and therefore made me the first My SELFy Day in print form.

It's really surreal, but I have to say, it's a pretty awesome way to turn 30...which will happen on March 31st. :) Speaking of that, on Friday I leave for Savannah for Girls Weekend and I couldn't be more excited! My meal plan for the week is pretty lame because of it, but here it is:

Meatless Monday - Healthified Three-Chesse Manicotti from EatBetterAmerica.com
Tuesday - Boca Burger and French Un-Fried Potatoes
Wednesday - Butternut Squash Orzo
Thursday - Tuna Cakes and some vegetable side

Since I'm leaving Friday morning I have no idea what my Friday night will be like!

Oh and just in case you're interested, on Sunday I had a kick ass 6 mile run. Yes "Kick ass" is needed to describe it.



How was your weekend? Did you do anything active? Cook any crazy good healthy recipes?

14 comments:

Syl on March 22, 2010 at 9:28 AM said...

That's so great! Gotta go get my copy! Self is my favorite magazine! So happy for you.

Tracy on March 22, 2010 at 10:23 AM said...

I am going to have to go out and get a copy! This is so awesome!

Unknown on March 22, 2010 at 10:52 AM said...

whoohoo famous girl! :) So cool! Congrats!

Ex Yo-Yo Dieter Debbie on March 22, 2010 at 11:13 AM said...

That is so exciting!!!! Congrats!

(I just posted last week that I used to hide my Self magazine when my in-laws were visiting, so they wouldn't think I was selfish, reading a magazine called "Self" - nuts or what?).

I hope to get the issue you're in somehow (since I'm over in Russia). I can proudly put it out the next time the in-laws visit and say "I sort of know this girl!"

You're a celebrity!

Corletta on March 22, 2010 at 12:12 PM said...

Very kewl! I can now say that I know a magazine star!

Ryan Sullivan on March 22, 2010 at 1:01 PM said...

OK..you win awesome dudette of the day on YOUR blog today! How freaking cool is that?

Work it girl...work it!

Alexia on March 22, 2010 at 2:11 PM said...

Amazing!

Robyn on March 22, 2010 at 5:09 PM said...

Ahh that's awesome!! My SELF is at home, can't wait to see you in there.

Dana on March 22, 2010 at 5:12 PM said...

Congrats! That is amazing!! I get the subscription and just read my entire March issue last night. That is such a fabulous way to turn 30 with grace. Such a celeb!

Nikki Bond on March 22, 2010 at 5:22 PM said...

Yay for the kick ass run! And for being famous! I think maybe if I ever make it to your area I'll have to meet you and you can autograph my copy (which i have yet to pick up but rest assured...I will!) haha.

Previously Plump... in progress on March 22, 2010 at 10:16 PM said...

hmm, nothing crazy or stellar like being featured in a magazine!!! That's wicked honey!!!

Can't wait to hear all about your weekend :)

caitlin on March 23, 2010 at 7:22 AM said...

congrats on appearing in Self! that is a huge accomplishment and i'm sure you will inspire many girls and women!!!! :) i'm happy for you.

Seth on March 23, 2010 at 11:56 PM said...

That's great and totally cool!

Amanda, another priorfatgirl on March 24, 2010 at 4:02 PM said...

yay! so cool!!!!!! i actually subscribe to that mag but haven't opened it yet. i wish i would have seen it in there first and screamed at home :)

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.