Friday, March 12, 2010

Major Tom to Ground Control

5'ish something o'clock wake up, Day 2: 5:40am.

I've been awake approximately 15 minutes. Today is not as smooth as yesterday. It's not bad. I just feel a little spacey. I didn't go to bed early enough last night, I may have hit snooze 3 times this morning. I'm going to try and stick with it though, on my work out days at least. I get to have coffee twice this way.

Weigh-in, 164.2, +2.3

It's bad news this week kids. I kind of saw it coming. First there was the food and booze festival that visiting my family always turns into and this week I couldn't get control of the snack monster. He sat on my shoulder almost every night this week "You know you want pudding, a graham crackers, and chocolate oh and don't forget some granola and yogurt!"

You know what though? I made a lot of positive changes this week, so I don't mind, I'm just going to focus on those.

1. I ran over 8 miles while visiting my family, I didn't quit my exercise just because I was on a mini-break.
2. I cooked some amazing food this week.
3. I found that waking up earlier means a better run!

So, I refuse to look at this as a bad week, even with the gain.

I have another recipe to share with you guys! Last night I made a Turkey Sausage & Lentil Pasta Stoup. It's stick to your ribs hearty and yummy! It's not very pretty to look at (I think that was this week's theme!) but it's comfort food to the MAX!




Turkey Sausage & Lentil Pasta Stoup


POINTS® Value: 8
Servings: 2

Ingredients

4 oz Louis Rich Smoked Turkey Sausage, chopped
1/8 cup(s) onion(s), diced
1/8 cup(s) carrot(s), chopped
1/3 cup(s) canned diced tomatoes
2 tsp garlic clove(s), minced
1 tsp black pepper
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 tsp table salt
3 oz Barilla Whole Grain Rotini
1/2 cup(s) dry lentils, rinsed and drained
2 cup(s) fat-free chicken broth, save 1/2 cup for later!

Instructions

Brown sausage in a sauce pan, add onion and cook until translucent. Add carrot and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes.

Add chicken broth, rinsed lentils, diced tomatoes and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover, allow to cook for 40-45 minutes or until lentils are fork tender.

Add pasta, remaining 1/2 cup of chicken broth and cook for an additional 20-25 minutes until pasta is tender.

I served with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. So tasty!

It's my last official weekend off and I think the husby and I are going to be lazy. We may go see Alice in Wonderland in 3D and I know some rented movies are on the plan. I will also FINALLY go to the grocery store! I miss fresh fruit and produce! However, as of tomorrow I will have made it 2 weeks without a single trip to the grocery store. I feel like I need a tee shirt. :)

I guess that's all she wrote! I have a date with some weights.

What are you big plans for the weekend?

3 comments:

Gina on March 12, 2010 at 4:24 PM said...

Oooh, I'm going to Alice in Wonderland in 3D tonight:)

Tracy on March 12, 2010 at 7:00 PM said...

early morning workouts are good for us here too.

Unknown on March 15, 2010 at 2:19 PM said...

wow love your before and afters you looks GREAT! I also love the title of this entry woot to david bowie!!

my blog: http://mollymariegetshealthy.com

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.