Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Like a slap in the face it's hit me!

Something just dawned on me like a slap in the face. On January 5th I will have been on my journey of health and wellness for 1 entire year. That is less than 2 months away!

These last few weeks have been rough, I'm not going to lie. I haven't been tracking or exercising enough. I have been out of town, my knee looked like a water balloon on Saturday,



but those are not excuses. The truth is I have made poor food choices and I have been lazy. There it is, I said it. I'm not going to get all down and out about, I have maintained. I am just going to try and do better. That's all we can do.

The point I'm trying to make is, on January 5th, 1 year from the start of this journey that has totally changed me as a person...will I be happy with how far I have come?

I can't deny I am proud of how far I have come, 46lbs is no small potatoes. It's significant. I have a confidence that I've never had before and I am comfortable in my own skin. I still have weight loss that I want to achieve, I still have to complete my first 5k next week, but the answer is yes. I will be happy on January 5th. Not even one time did I completely give up. I had rough days, I had rough weeks...but I didn't give up. The next day, the next meal...it was all a chance to DO BETTER and most of the time I did! Not because I had to, but because I wanted to!

So bring it on Holiday Season, with your cakes, pies and casseroles, you won't beat me down! :)

2 comments:

Trudy on November 19, 2009 at 6:51 PM said...

I gave up completely. I was doing really well for about 2 1/2 months and I lost almost 14lbs. I then have since gained it ALL back and added on about 4 more lbs. I am hoping that if I blog every day, till I hit 365 that will give me the motivation. I don't even care if I have a bad day, and I just put BAD DAY. I at least know I will track what I'm doing. It's going to be tough and I ran a 5k this year and did alright, but I know I can DO better! So, I am going to try another one in March.

You help me keep going!

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point on November 20, 2009 at 1:50 PM said...

congrats on healthy living for 1 year! remember to look at it overall for the whole year - you've done GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAT.

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.