Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I am thankful.

A friend of mine on Facebook is doing "30 Days of Thankful" and the idea behind it is to update your status everyday of the month of November with something that you are thankful for. I decided to steal her idea and start my own "30 Days of Thankful" yesterday. Yesterday I wrote how I was thankful for my husband who puts up with me regardless of my particular antics on that day, and for today:

"30 Days of Thankful" - Today I am thankful for the ability to run, while I may not be very good at it, I am very thankful that I can.

This morning, I woke up at 6am for my 3.5mile training run. It was 47 degrees.

47.

I've never run outside when it was below, say, 60? So I bundled up and headed out:



I was a bit nervous about the distance, I haven't run over 3 miles in awhile, but it ended up being a great run. My nose felt like it was going to fall off and my shirt sleeves were covered in snot, but I felt great. I probably could have gone 4 miles, but I had to get ready for work and I didn't want to break my schedule...which I forgot to take a picture of, again. :)

Anyway, after my run my legs ached a bit, but not bad and it was then that I realized that I was thankful for the ability to run. It may not seem like much, but I have 2 working legs (most of the time, I do trip a lot) that can carry me where I want to go. They couldn't run at first, but they worked their way up to it, kind of like my lungs, they're not the fastest and they struggle a little with distance, but THEY CAN. I am thankful for that, very thankful. Running has become such a huge form of stress release and happiness for me, I never would have even imagined that before.

Ok, moving on. It's Tuesday and so far so good. Yesterday was OP and so far today has been too. I made these yummy goodies:



...out of the recent Weight Watchers magazine, however I substituted Splenda for granulated sugar, omitted the hazelnuts and used sugar free jam, so by my calculations it's 1 point per 2 cookies. They are very yummy!

That's more than enough for today folks. Happy Tuesdays! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.