Wednesday, October 7, 2009

In the absence of motivation

I have have a rough couple of weeks; I had the flu for two weeks, I'm trying to make some difficult life decisions and I find myself lacking motivation. I haven't gone completely off plan, but I haven't been completely on plan either. Every night before bed, I come up with the best intentions...then the alarm goes off and it's still completely dark outside, I reset the alarm and go back to sleep.

Every time I have a rough couple of weeks, I am terrified I will gain the weight back. You would think this would be the motivation to not let that happen, but unfortunately it doesn't work that way for me. I know I have my first 5k next month and I need to stay in shape and keep training because I want to run as much of it as possible. That's not working either.

I read so many blogs of success stories and people who live a healthy life every day. They make it look so easy. I often wonder if they struggle like I do. Do they have rough weeks or days? Days when no amount of food seems like enough to fill your stomach or weeks when you have absolutely no energy for anything other than the necessities of life?

This morning, I woke up at 6am and I jogged/walked 2 miles. It was completely dark outside, I had no desire to do it but I did it. Afterward, I did sit ups. Nothing earth shattering, but you know what? I moved. I had activity today. I don't think I take the time to appreciate the effort I put into being healthy. It's not easy, some days are easier than others, but some days it feels impossible. I am proud of myself for making the effort.

"Success doesn't come to you…you go to it." Marva Collins

1 comments:

Tracy on October 8, 2009 at 7:53 AM said...

you have done so much more than I ever have, you have got a great start, and I imagine it will never be easy, but be inspired that you have made it this far already!

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.