Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Rough week.

So, I knew this week might be a little rough. Friday I had a great weigh in, Friday night had girls night...drank way too much, which lead to terrible food choices (from a fast food breakfast to an oatmeal pie(x2)) on Saturday. Sunday morning I ran my best 5k to date on the treadmill and was immediately sore in my calf and knee afterward, I didn't have time to ice though because my husband and I were going out to watch football and celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary (which was Monday, but we both had to work...me day, him night). I had been craving a cheeseburger for weeks, so I had one. Came home and we made chicken chilli together and I ate fairly well. Monday, my back was hurting badly. It had bothered off and on all weekend, but I didn't remember doing anything to it.

Then, I remembered...the push ups, sit ups challenege that I finished on Thursday. I had been planning to re-do Week 3 this week, starting on Monday, but I could barely move between my back, my left calf and my right knee. So I took yesterday off...I went shopping last night and did a fair amount of walking.

This morning rolls around and I get up at 6am and head out to the gym...walking to the gym I notice I'm in pain but I keep thinking that it will just wear off once I get warmed up. I stretch and get on the treadmill, walking hurts but I am trying to push through, so I go into a jog and it felt as if I had knives repeatedly stabbing me in the back, calf and knee. I had to stop. I came home and tried to do a "Zen Sculpt" pilates/cardio type deal and could only make it 1/2 way through.

It's about this time I realize I've been coughing all morning and my nose is running like crazy. I also feel a little feverish. I think I'm getting a cold too! What in the world!

I think this might be my bodies way of telling me to take it easy for awhile? Even sitting at work is causing me some pain. I'm only 29, I'm not supposed to be falling apart!

Even though it's not my fault I can't work out, I feel guilty about it. Is it because I made so many bad food choices over the weekend thinking I would work a lot of it off this week? Maybe.

Happy 1st day of Fall! (The best season)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.