Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sometimes, you just have to run.


Yesterday, I had a really bad day at work. I was stressed to the max and at 2pm I got the sudden urge to run. I couldn't of course because I was at work, but I held onto that feeling and when I got home...I ran. I ran my best 4 miles ever, averaging 11:13 per mile. This for me, is a great time! I felt awesome afterward...

I am so hooked on that endorphin rush! I've really been missing it lately because of my calf and knee problems and of course, they had to come in and rain on my parade after I stopped...

But after some icing, I don't have much pain today, so I'm going to hit the treadmill again tomorrow and hope for the same great results. I may not be the best runner, and honestly, I'm more of a jogger/walker, but I do love it.

Today I finished Week 2 of the Sit Ups, Push Ups, Squats Challenge and boy was it tough! Each week gets tougher, but each week I feel stronger and that keeps me going. I still don't know if I'll make it the whole 6 weeks, but I'm going to give it my all! Here are my Week 2 results:

Push Ups:

Level Performed at Max
Week 2 Day 3 2009-09-10 17


Week 2 Day 2 2009-09-08 16


Week 2 Day 1 2009-09-06 17



Sit Ups:

Level Performed at Max
Week 2 Day 3 2009-09-10 40

Week 2 Day 2 2009-09-08 30

Week 2 Day 1 2009-09-06 30


Squats:

Level Performed at Max
Week 2 Day 3 2009-09-10 32


Week 2 Day 2 2009-09-08 32


Week 2 Day 1 2009-09-06 30



My weigh in is tomorrow and I have no idea what to expect. I had a pretty decent week, so I'm hoping that if I didn't have a loss, I at least maintained. However, regardless of my weight, I am proud of myself this week. That alone, is worth more than the weight loss...knowing that I made good choices and made activity a priority even when things got tough. It helps remind me that this is my new life, not just a passing phase.

Now, I'm off to have a guilt free beer with the husband person and some friends. Happy Thursday! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.