Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Cajun Kick Tuna Burgers

Last night for dinner I made quite possibly the world's best tuna burgers. Oh yeah. They are absolutely yummy. I modified the recipe from StarKist, they have a lot of great recipes on their site. Here is my recipe:

Cajun Kick Tuna Burgers


1 (3.5oz) pouch of Tuna packed in water

1/4 cup bread crumbs, divided

1/4 cup fat free shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup reduced fat Sargento Mexican Cheese Blend

1/4 cup non-fat ranch salad dressing

1/4 cup diced onion

1/4 cup diced green pepper

1/4 cup egg substitute (like Egg Beaters)

1 tbsp. Cajun Seasoning Blend

1 tbsp. olive oil


Directions:
Combine Tuna, 1/2 of bread crumbs, cheese, salad dressing, onion, pepper, Cajun seasoning and egg substitute in medium bowl; mix well. Form into four patties; coat each side with remaining 1/2 bread crumbs. Heat oil in non-stick skillet over medium heat. Cook patties 3 to 5 minutes on each side until golden brown.


I ate mine on an Arnold's Sandwich Thin with a side of sauteed squash. Absolutely amazing dinner! I put the point value at right about 3 ww points per patty if you make 4 or 4 ww points per patty if you make 3. I made 3, but after seeing them finished, I could have made 4.


It was quick, easy and delicious. My favorite kind of recipe to have on hand for the crazy weeks!
*Photo courtesy of StarKist website, they do look similar. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.