Monday, August 24, 2009

The Serenity Prayer...for us.

So, I've been thinking a lot lately about how hard this journey is. It's a journey I will be on for the rest of my life. Every single day I make a choice to eat right, or not, exercise, or not. This will never come easy for me. I'm not saying it will never be EASIER, but it will always be something that lingers in the background. I have a problem with food. No matter how badly I want to be the kind of person that can sit on the couch eating bonbons, watching TV and never gaining a pound, I will never be that kind of person.

So, thinking about all of that...it gets a bit, for lack of a better word, heavy. So, since I need to find humor in everything, I started thinking about meetings "Hi, My Name is Tonyne and I'm an Emotional eater" and then I came up with the idea to write a Serenity Prayer...for us. For the people like me, the emotional eaters, the binge eaters and the just plain old over eaters. So, here it is:

God grant me the serenity To refuse those things I should not eat;
Energy to be active, even when tired

And the ability to abide by both daily.


Counting one calorie at a time;
Walking one mile at a time;

Learning not to comfort emotions with food;

Turning away the cravings of sinful desserts

As tempting as I may find them

Trusting that my hard work will pay off

If I just stick to my plan

So that I may be healthy & happy in this life

and find a pair of jeans that fit

in any store I choose to shop in.

1 comments:

Tracy on August 25, 2009 at 9:35 PM said...

That is awesome! You need to find some place to get this published!

Your journey has been so inspiring already!

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.