Monday, August 24, 2009

I didn't disappoint!

Well, I certainly didn't disappoint my gym clothes yesterday. We ran/walked 5miles yesterday on the treadmill!




It felt great! After a week off I was like a pent up bull let out of a cage at a Rodeo! My music was blaring in my ears, I was singing to myself, I was pouring sweat, I kept a great pace...I was sad to see it come to an end. In fact, I wanted to keep going...but my hips were starting to hurt a little bit, and I hadn't done 5 miles in a long time. So it was probably enough for the day.

I came home, felt great, had a good lunch, sat down for a bit, watched some TV. Then I stood up.

GOOD GOD!

The pain was insane. The pain is still insane. I stretched; I did what I was supposed to do! It's such a weird area to have pain in. It's like where the tops of your thighs connect to your pelvic bone? I guess that's the best way to describe it. It hurts all the way around to the sides too, almost too my butt. It hurts to stand, walk and even sit. I used heat and ice, still hurting.

I didn't let it discourage me though, I knew walking/running or elliptical (which I think would have hurt the worst based on that movement) would really hurt it worse. So this morning I got up and did a FitTV stability ball and upper body strength work out that I had DVR'ed. I am proud. Last week this would have totally been an excuse to bail.

So, this is me, braggin' on myself just a little bit...

1 comments:

Tracy on August 24, 2009 at 12:13 PM said...

good job!

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.