Friday, July 2, 2010

I’m a nerd and proud.

 

Yesterday my friend Kelly and I had an Eclipse brunch. We are Twi-Nerds. For the first movie, my friend Katie and I went to the midnight premiere. For New Moon, Kelly joined us, we had a whole Twi-Night. We ate “Wolf Stew”, “Vampire Dip” and “Sparkle Cupcakes”, we had several cocktails and went to the midnight premiere of that as well. Here we are that night:

Twi-Night 11.19.09 018 Katie, Kelly and Me

Katie moved to Orlando, and you all know how busy I am during the summer, so Kelly and I opted to go to a Thursday matinee of Eclipse. Katie went too, at the same time in a theater in Orlando. Because, that’s what BFFs do. We conference called after the movie! Kelly and I opted to have brunch beforehand. I made a Lemon Poppy Seed Cake and fruit salad with a yogurt drizzle. Kelly provided Mimosas. I made my stuff the night before, since I knew I was going to get up early to run.

Eclipse Brunch 002 Eclipse Brunch 005

Yes, that is a giant Edward head on my tee shirt and no I don’t wear it normally. It was a gag gift for my 30th birthday from Katie. I thought it was appropriate to wear since she wasn’t with us today. The brunch was amazing and the movie was as well.

The yogurt drizzle was the star of the show. I mixed 1 and 1/2 8oz. containers of fat free french vanilla yogurt with 1/2 of a container of fat free cool whip. Amazing. You should try it sometime! This was definitely one of the highs of my week. I am so lucky to have such wonderful friends in my life. Being around them, even talking to them on the phone brightens my day.

This brings me to my High Lows for the week!

Highs

Lows

  • I didn’t track my food as well as I should have.

That is honestly it for my lows. I had a great week, regardless of what the scale says about it. Speaking of the scale…I am 156.4 this week, up .3 from last week. I don’t like the up part, but I know why.

I hope you all have fun and safe 4th of July weekends! I will be working tomorrow, but I will have Sunday off. I’m hoping to enjoy some fireworks on Saturday night but now that the husband’s schedule has changed and he works weekends, I have no idea what my plans will be. I guess I’ll be winging it. :)

Are you doing anything fun for the 4th? Tell me all about it! :)

6 comments:

jimpurdy1943@yahoo.com on July 2, 2010 at 9:00 AM said...

"discovering that eating at a table and not in front of the TV can be life changing."

Gosh, how did people ever get by without TV?

Actually, I know a little about that. I gave away all my TVs in 2005, and I've never missed them at all. Now, when I go somewhere and a TV is on, the brain-numbing idiocy of it is more than I can stand.

Seth on July 2, 2010 at 10:18 AM said...

My wife really wants to see it --- eclipse that is --- so i'm sure I'll be seeing that soon too. Way to hit it this week with all of the workouts!

Unknown on July 2, 2010 at 10:56 AM said...

Glad you had a fun time with your friends! :) I rented the other 2 movies- and must say I was not "bitten" lol More than likely I will add this one to my Netflix box when it comes out too.

Robyn on July 2, 2010 at 1:10 PM said...

That is awesome! I love Twilight, but totally on Team Jacob!!

Tish on July 3, 2010 at 10:31 PM said...

Great week Tonyne. And you're out front in the Nike+ challenge--in front of me, anyway! Aren't BFFs the best?

Autumn @Good Eats Girl on July 6, 2010 at 2:42 PM said...

Sounds like you had a great week! Love the fact that you and your girls got to see the movie together even if one of you lives far away! Looks like so much fun!

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.