Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Take that Hershey Miniature Bar!

Nestled inside a candy cane forest, located in a Christmas coffee mug which resides on my half-door counter in my office lies a golden nugget.



This golden nugget was put there this morning by a fair soul whom I love dearly. About 11:15 while entering my office my hand automatically went toward the nugget, drawn by it's shiny wrapper and promise of chocolaty goodness.

Almost in slow motion like a Baywatch Babe my mind says "Nooooo...dooonnn'tttt dooo iiitttt" and flashes this:



in front of my face. My food journal. I thought about it for a moment and thought "If you eat that, you have to write down 1 point. Period. That's 1 point that you can't get back or have later, do you really want that chocolate?"

TAKE THAT HERSHEY MINIATURE BAR!!! *karate chop*

And this is why I love to journal. Sometimes it gives you that moment of clarity you need to make smarter choices, to say no to mindless eating.

I think my food journal and I are going to rekindle our romance. So far I've treated it to a container of Chobani Pomegranate yogurt with a sprinkle of granola on top and now I think it's time to give him a little Tortilla Pie. :)

2 comments:

Syl on December 29, 2009 at 3:20 PM said...

That is one amazing NON SCALE VICTORY my friend! Great work!

Tracy on December 29, 2009 at 7:42 PM said...

one step at a time, one accomplishment at a time.

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.