Friday, December 4, 2009

I'm not Dead, like Pink!

I promise I haven't fallen off the planet or anything drastic. I haven't been eating very well or exercising very well (since my 5k) and that doesn't leave me much to blog about. Have I done terrible? No. Have I gained weight? Yes. Do I know how much? No. Have I completely derailed? No. Do I like to ask myself questions and answer them? Yes.

I have a few weeks until Christmas and New Year's and my goal is to keep things in check until then, enjoy the holidays and then get back in check. I can do this.

Anyway, another reason I have been quiet is that I have been on vacation for a week. It was half a visit to my family's home and half a stay-cation where I caught up on movies and decorated my home for the holidays. I really needed to just spend most of my time "unplugged". I turned off the CrackBerry and the computer and just enjoyed being at home. It was blissful and something I don't think we do enough these days.

Today I'm back at work and totally swamped. I did come back to a lovely gift from one of my vendors.



It's always nice to get a non-food related gift at the holidays. :)

I promise to write soon with good news about how healthy I'm being or some awesome run I had...and if I don't, bug me until I do! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, non food related gifts are wonderful!

Unfortunately, food is cheap in mass quantity. You inspired me to find a different gift to give to extended family. In the past I've made peppermint patties or toffee. Maybe I should just get cracking on my knitting. Can I pump out 13 pot holders my Dec. 24th? Probably not, but I should at least try.

Ex Yo-Yo Dieter Debbie on December 4, 2009 at 12:26 PM said...

A Stay-cation...that sure sounds nice, as long as I could go somewhere nice to do it! haha (Doesn't qualify as a stay-cation anymore, does it?)

Glad you had some R&R; you've worked hard, lady! You're just recharging your batteries a bit. Nothing wrong with that!

Have a great weekend

Ex Yo-Yo Dieter Debbie on December 4, 2009 at 12:29 PM said...

Oh yeah, I keep meaning to ask you, where did you get your sunglasses in your profile photo? Everytime I see that picture, I always think "Ooh, nice sunglasses!"

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.