Friday, May 29, 2009

The Struggle

So, I had my weigh in this morning and I'm down another 2.2lbs! So, that brings me to 174lbs. I will move down in points allowed this week, which is good, I feel ready for that step down. This makes me 15lbs from my original goal of 50lbs of weight loss.

Here is my run from yesterday. It was a treadmill run, I ran 2.1 miles (that last 1/10 of a mile like to had killed me!) and then walked for a little over 3 miles. It was almost 80 degrees when I woke up yesterday (it was my day off so I didn't head out to run until 10'ish) and I couldn't imagine running in the that heat.



I really do like the Nike+ and I have to say, it is very motivating! Something about the Nike+ Mini person widget thing sitting there getting bored makes me want to go out and run! :)

In other news, my friends and husband are getting sick of me talking about the gym, exercising and food all the time. My husband actually told me this. I told him I would try not to talk about it so much but explained to him that he has no idea what it's like to battle weight constantly. I will always have to work hard to keep the weight off, it will always be a battle for me to make the right choices. It will come easier over time, but it's something that I'll always have to be aware of and held accountable for. I could only compare it to a battle against alcoholism. Food is my addiction.

I also explained that the reason I talk about it so much is because I'm excited about my new way of living. I'm excited that I'm losing weight and getting healthier. It makes me happy. When you feel that way about something, you can't help but talk about it!

1 comments:

D 'n D Diva on June 1, 2009 at 3:00 PM said...

I can totally relate...

"my friends and husband are getting sick of me talking about the gym, exercising and food all the time. My husband actually told me this. I told him I would try not to talk about it so much but explained to him that he has no idea what it's like to battle weight constantly"

While my Fiance is supportive he sometimes gets irritated when I talk about weight/food etc. He think I can be obsessive. The truth is I am addicted to food. he doesn't understand b/c he has never had a problem with it. But it is very consuming. And the more excited i am about my losses, the better I do.

I completely understand where you are coming from, just keep plowing ahead & eventually you will get where you want to go.

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.