Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I love Pizza. Did I tell you guys I love pizza?

I have 2 favorite foods. Cheeseburgers and Pizza! They end up being the downfall of every "diet" I've ever tried. So since I'm on this whole "make my life healthier" kick, I decided to start making my own low weight watcher point pizza dough. I knew I wanted something whole wheat, but didn't taste whole wheat, so I pulled from a few different recipes to make up my very own.

I LOVE PIZZA Pizza Dough for Bread Maker


3/4 cup warm water (110 degrees F)
1 tablespoon EVOO
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon minced garlic (I used the jar kind)
2 teaspoons of dried Italian seasoning
1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 Cup Bread Flour
2 teaspoons instant active dry yeast

Add liquids and garlic to the bottom of bread pan. In separate bowl mix together the bread flour, whole wheat flour, salt and Italian seasoning. Pour on top of liquid in bread pan, make a well in the center of dry ingredients and place in it the 2 teaspoons of yeast. Set your bread maker on the Dough setting and let it go.

Once dough cycle completes, remove dough and let it rest until a towel for 10 minutes. You have 2 options at this point, you can make one GIANT pizza (19 points for the whole crust) or what I do most of the time is divide the dough into 4 small balls (I use 5 weight watchers points each for calculation) and freeze* 3 for later use.

Roll out your dough into a square or circle, place on baking pan and bake at 450 degrees F until edges are crisp, about 7 minutes for small ball of dough and 15 for the whole amount.



*To Freeze dough, spray a piece of plastic wrap lightly with cooking spray, wrap ball up and then place in freezer bag. All 3 can be placed in one bag this way.


Tonight I made BBQ Chicken & Squash Pizza. 1/2 of the finished product is only 8 points! Can't go wrong there. You can be as creative as you want with toppings and you will will scoff in the frozen pizza section of your grocery store.

I am not a nutritionist or weight watcher's expert. I just added the points of all the ingredients and used some elementary division. :) If you decide to try it, please let me know what you think!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.