Friday, October 23, 2009

So far, so good...

One of the goals I've set for myself in an attempt to let go of my excuses is to lose 6lbs from my current weight today by Wednesday 11/25. That will be just shy of 5 weeks from today. I know I can do it, but it's going to take dedication. My current weight is:

165.1 lbs

So, if I lose 6lbs I will officially be at my first original weight loss goal of "Lose 50lbs" just in time to go home and visit my family for a long weekend of Thanksgiving activities. On that same day I will also complete another goal of mine, my very first 5k race. I think that will be a HUGE day for me emotionally and great motivation to make the next 5 weeks great! I'm doing well on my training:




On my first rest day, I did an Ab work out and yesterday I ran my 2.5miles with an average of 11:20/mi. I ran that outdoors on pavement. I am happy with that time, I really struggle running outside. I'm hoping that 5 weeks of outdoor runs whenever possible will get me over that.



Today is another rest day and my plan is to do an arm work out at home and follow up with a little Yoga.

My eating has been OK, Tuesday and Wednesday I did well, yesterday not so much. I didn't go totally overboard just a few extra pieces of this or that. I really need to get control of my late night snacking. I think a holiday craft project of some sort may need to come into play to keep my hands busy, that might be just the ticket.

I haven't had a drink since Saturday night.

I tried a new recipe this week as well, I made Roni's Spaghetti Squash Cakes from GreenLiteBites.com. They were so yummy! I will probably make a 2nd batch this weekend. I am trying to make it a point to eat more seasonably too, this is a good recipe to take through the fall months.

So, all in all, I would say that since Tuesday and my No Excuses approach, I have had a pretty good week. The momentum is swinging in the right direction, I hope plan to keep it going that way!

Happy Weekends to all!

1 comments:

Blasé on October 25, 2009 at 2:23 PM said...

I have no doubt that you are on your WAY!

Peace and Love

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.