Saturday, October 10, 2009

It's all about choices

Yesterday, I had a really crappy day at work and about 2pm I started day dreaming about a night at home...just me and a medium pizza. I kept thinking "it's my first day of my diet week, I have all my flex points, why not?". I had all put ordered the pizza online and scheduled prompt delivery at 5:15pm, but then I got to thinking about it. All I've been doing lately is complaining about how I can't get control. Then it dawned on me...here is my chance.

Instead of pizza I thought about running. I didn't tell myself the pizza was out, but I just started thinking about running after work, how good that would feel to release the tension of the day. The endorphin high that would follow. Then, by the time I left work at 4:45pm I was pumped for a run.

When I left the building, I realized my run couldn't take place outside. 85 degrees and muggy. I did not feel up to that. So, I went home, changed clothes, fed the dog and then headed to my amenity center and hit the treadmill. It was like getting reacquainted with an old friend, it's been almost 3 weeks (maybe more) since I've been there. I got on one of the treadmills facing the window and just ran. I ran until I needed to walk and then I walked until I could run. I pushed myself and finished my 2nd best 5k yet.

Then, I cleaned my kitchen...because I had energy. Then I did some sit ups and push ups, just because, then I took a long hot shower. By 7:00, I'm starving and I decided I wanted to eat some leftover healthified tacos for dinner, I forgot all about the pizza. It's all about the choices we make. Only we can choose to swing the pendulum in the right direction. No one can push it that way for us.

This is a small step, I know...but it's a step, a step in the right direction to get back the control and dedication I had a few months ago. I will get there, I know I will.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.