Friday, November 6, 2009

A loss! Alert the media!

I had my weigh in this morning and I lost 1.3lbs this week! Yay! Alert the media! My first loss in a while! Totally doing the cabbage patch and the Roger Rabbit in my head. :)

Yesterday I had my 3.5mi training run:



And I wanted to do something different, so I decided to head to a nearby garden that has lots of walking and bike trails. I took some of the toughest bike trails, mostly on accident as I was in the middle of the maritime forest:



It was a nice change of pace, and the trails really challenged me! Some of the bike trails had really loose sand, so I equate it to running uphill on the beach. But the scenery couldn't be more beautiful.




It was definitely nice to change things up a bit, I made good time too. I wonder if running through the woods, alone, kicked up my adrenaline a little bit, it felt like it at times. :) I had this whole horror movie montage in my head. I ran a 10:28'ish average according to Nike+. Not too bad for my first trail run.

A funny note about my training, I messed up my schedule somehow when I adapted it for my race being on Thanksgiving day and I'm a week short. So, if I follow training as it shows on my schedule, my race would be 11/19 instead of 11/26. I have to repeat 1 whole week of training. So, I'm going to repeat this week. Next week's schedule pictures will be very busy looking that's for sure! Hey, it's all about rolling with the changes. :)

That's about it for today! I'm call this weekend at work, so that means no drinking and a lot of time at home, I'm hoping that will help me stay on point! Happy Friday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.