Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Giving Thanks

I knew my post today wasn't going to be about weight loss, I knew I wanted to write about what I am thankful for. Then I saw Roni's post asking what we are thankful for and realized I wasn't the only one with that idea and I think it's a great one.

I am thankful for my husband who puts up with me regardless of my antics on any given day. I know it's not easy to live with me, but he only rarely seems to mind. :)

I am thankful for my family. Some days they drive me absolutely nuts and some days they make me cry but I love each and every one of them more than words could ever express. They are amazing people and I feel truly lucky to call them family.

I am thankful for my health. I have the ability to get out of bed every day. I think I take this for granted too often. This in itself is an amazing gift.

I am thankful for my friends, they make me laugh and pick me up when I fall.

I am thankful for BlogToLose.com, everyone on that site is there for me when I feel like people in my "real life" don't understand the struggle I am going through changing my life. They just get me.

There is so much in my life that I am truly thankful for. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because it really makes you think about all of the wonderful things in your life and gives you time to be with those you love. No pressure, just love and be loved in returned.

I won't be around much for several days, I'm going to see my family and won't have constant internet access. On Thursday morning I have my first 5k race and I am nervous and excited! Thanks to some extra motivation (in tee shirt form) from my dear friend Heather, I think I will just:




Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!!

2 comments:

Roni on November 24, 2009 at 10:30 AM said...

Great post!! Can't wait to hear about you race!! Tweet me, ok? :)

Mandie on November 24, 2009 at 1:43 PM said...

Awww! I love what you're thankful for girl! We ALL have so much to be thankful for, and it's nice to see it!

With that being said, thanks for your post on my blog. You're a sweetheart and I REALLY visualized what you said! THANK YOU!!!

Okay, and that shirt is just AWESOME! I'm so excited for you, and know you'll do and feel awesome after that 5k!!! Just wait, the feeling afterwords is to DIE FOR!! Go get em tiger ;)

Post a Comment

 

Site Info

The Unlikely Success Story is lived, written and maintained by Tonyne.